Your vehicle donation supports The Arc’s effort to ensure that people with disabilities enjoy full participation in the community and are granted the same respect, equality, and security as every member of society. Here's how it works...
Step 1: Let Us Know
Call The Arc Store & Donation Center at (530)343-3666 or email us at email@example.com to inquire about donating your car, boat, or other motor vehicle. Donors will be asked to provide all known vehicle information.
Step 2: Transport The Vehicle
Approved donations can be driven directly to our store, located at 2020 Park Avenue in Chico. Donated vehicles must be in reasonably sellable condition (tires hold air, windows are intact, etc.). Vehicles may be towed by donor if approved beforehand by Arc Store Management.
Step 3: Sign It Over
We’ll handle the paperwork. All you need is the vehicle title to officially sign off on your donation. Parties listed on vehicle title must be present for donation.
- If title states Person 1 “and” Person 2 = Both people must be present.
- If title states Person 1 “or” Person 2 = Only one of the listed parties must be present.
Step 4: Write It Off Your Taxes
The Arc of Butte County is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Donors will be provided with a form 1098-c for tax purposes after the vehicle is sold. Enjoy your tax deduction for the year of vehicle donation while supporting your community members with intellectual and developmental disabilities in the greater Butte County area!
Your tax deduction is based on the amount The Arc if able to sell your vehicle for. Our experienced team evaluates each car to determine how to get the best sale price for it. We consider many factors, including year, make/model, mileage, and local market conditions. It is in our mutual best interest to sell your car for the most we can.
Additional Donation Notes
- All vehicle donations are at the discretion of The Arc. We encourage donors to call our staff FIRST, in the case that we are unable to accept your donation… we’ll save you a trip.
- We do not require vehicles to be in perfect condition, however we must be able to resell the vehicles in an ethical manner.
- Any vehicle registration back-fees will be weighed against the sale value before the vehicle is accepted as a donation (please provide exact totals)
- Vehicles are sold “AS IS” with any mechanical or cosmetic repairs needed taken out of the asking price. The Donor’s write-off amount is the total proceeds that The Arc collects after the vehicle is sold.