Job Classification: Part-time or Full-time, hourly, non-exempt.
Role and Responsibility of Position: The position involves assisting consumers in the acquisition of work skills that are necessary to obtain employment and independently maintain employment in the community. The Job Coach provides ongoing direct support to consumers working at various employment sites within the company (such as the retail store, commercial kitchen, coffee shop and others as they develop) as well as at other businesses in the community. This support is individual-based and centered around work-related goals that focus on helping the consumer obtain the maximum level of independence within their job. The Job Coach provides the supports necessary to ensure success at their future employment opportunities. Service will be provided at Arc’s job training localities and out in the community.
1. Work one-on-one with each trainee, instructing, supervising, evaluating and documenting the accomplishment of each task, responsibility and activity associated with the consumer trainee’s Job Description.
2. Consistently model appropriate work maturity skills and hold consumers to the same expectations.
3. Monitor consumer’s work and task performance and provide feedback and prompts when needed.
4. Ensure that safe work conditions are maintained in the work environment at all times.
5. Know and adhere to the job-specific Job Descriptions and procedures for each individual job training program.
6. Know and adhere to established agency policies and procedures as outlined in the Arc Employee Handbook, the Arc Illness and Injury Prevention Program and the Code of Safe Practices.
1. Must have at least two years training or experience with developmentally disabled population.
2. Must have awareness of abilities of children and adults with disabilities.
3. Provide proof of identity and legal eligibility to work in the United States.
4. At the time of hire, verification of a TB test and clearance the Department of Justice will be required.
5. Obtain/possess and maintain valid certification in CPR and First Aid.
6. Must have reliable transportation.
7. If providing transportation or being reimbursed for mileage, provide proof of auto insurance and DMV driving report yearly.
8. Be able to exercise good judgment in handling emergencies or any other special problems or needs of the clients.
9. Be able to set guidelines and rules while working independently.
10. Demonstrate ability to work cooperatively with others.
11. Ability to express self clearly in writing and orally.
12. Must be able to accommodate flexible schedule including evening and weekend activities.